Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Travel must haves

I am a beginner when it comes to traveling with a toddler because my son is only two years old. Yes, my son has traveled outside of the United States quite a few times but now that he is older it is a bit harder. Here are some of my must haves when traveling with a toddler:

1. Twin size Aerobed! You read that correctly.... He has not been sleeping in a crib (almost a year now) retail price $99. The nice thing about our aerobed is that all you need is an outlet and the bed is inflated in less than a minute. EASY!! It comes with a handy remote so you can decide if you need more or less air, and a handy bag to store the bed when not in use.

2. Johnson & Johnson head to toe washcloths (Bed time scent) retail price $3.99. These are perfect because you do not need to bring your own washcloths nor use the ones at the hotel. There are 14 in a pack so you have plenty and you can save them for your next trip. These are gentle and have a awesome scent. He slept like a baby!


3. Stretch Island Fruit Co. All natural fruit strips "fruit leather"!! They are organic and no GMOs (LOVE it) retails for 99 cents each. My local Costco has them in a large pack with various flavors. My son never passes up on "fruit leather." Toss these into your beach bag and you have 1/2 a serving of fruit. EASY!!
Stretch Island Fruit Co.™ All-Natural Fruit Strip Harvest Grape

4. gopicnic. Ready to eat meal, cannot get easier than this. I do not feed these as a meal but he enjoys the turkey pepperoni pack and I like the multi-seed crackers with the asiago cheese spread (and my hubby likes the almond roca that comes in this pack) retails $3.99 each. These picnic packs are gluten free, no artificial colors or flavors, each items in the box come individually wrapped and make a complete meal. There are 6 different picnic packs to choose from and they can be purchased at any grocery store, Target, or sometimes at Costco. I keep my eyes peeled out for when they are at Costco because they come out to less than $3 a pack.


5. Trunki by Melissa & Doug (retails for $39.99). This has to be one of the cutest suitcases for little ones. They come in various colors and as animals. Made out of hard and durable plastic so they will hold up. Comes with a leash so little ones can pull it just about anywhere, and it has wheels so they can ride it if they get tired or want something to play with in the hotel room. My son has this exact one (pictured below). He spotted children with it last summer while on vacation in Puerto Vallarta and he wanted one to play with. I got a great deal at Macy's.
melissa & doug trunki, melissa and doug

6. I created my own back pack of goodies- coloring book, crayons, books, bubbles, cars, goldfish crackers, cranberries, bath toys, and play doh with a variety of cut outs. This back pack comes in handy especially if there is a long line to check in/layovers at the airport or hotel.

What are some of your must haves when traveling with your little ones? I am always up for checking out new stuff!







































No comments:

Post a Comment