Saturday, September 21, 2013

Set to fail

I enjoy making recipes and projects from Pinterest. I have to admit that I usually don't follow recipes or directions because I like to add my own "flair/special touch!" 

My weekly recipe was homemade pop tarts. I purchased the press from Williams Sonoma ($3.99). Since I had every intention of making delicious pop tarts then purchasing the press was a necessity (plus it was on sale). 

So I gathered my ingredients: dough (store bought Phillsbury) and raspberry preserves. Not much to it because I was not about to make my own dough. Don't ask me why. I can't answer it, maybe I was afraid that the dough would be dry. I also wanted to make my own jam. I was feeling like Martha Stewart, I guess. It would have been awesome was if I had my own home grown strawberries to make jam. 

I rolled out the dough from the refrigerated canister and I was pumped. The oven was ready at 350 degrees and I totally was in control of this recipe (or so I thought)! I cut out the dough using my handy press and I scooped about a teaspoon of jam onto each piece. I neatly set them on a greased cookie sheet. In a short 8 minutes I found my beautiful pop tarts in a complete mess! In my mind it was going to work beautifully but I failed and there is no one to blame but me. I guess jam/jelly is NOT the best in these recipes. I later found that out, oh well there is next time. I WILL follow directions! Have you ever experienced a Pinterest failure? 

1 comment:

  1. I would still eat them! :) SO glad you decided to blog it :)

    ReplyDelete