Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fourth of July Festivities

Outdoor area set for our guests
We had a fabulous celebration on July 4th!! It has taken me a while to upload pictures and since I did not take any with my good camera, I had to resort to posting ones from iphone. Oh well, there is always next year. We had over 30 people over at our home for a big celebration. We had a bbq, played games, laughed a ton, a huge water balloon fight, roasted smores, and watched fireworks (we did have some of our own fireworks to play with sshh don't tell).
Made this banner the day before, happy with the finished product
I am already thinking of decorations for next year and we are thinking that a patio cover is a must, plus plenty of misters to keep us cool.

Oh yes we also had bobbing for apples

Patriotic little skewers- blueberries, raspberries & marshmallows

Yum dessert time- cake with cool whip topped with blueberries & strawberries 



Welcome everyone!

Another snap shot of our front entrance (don't look at the weeds)

Time to chow down (cousin Jenny first in line)

Protein style burger for me, I think this is all I ate the entire day

Musical chairs gone wrong, Uncle Grailin ended up on the grass

My honey and I

Sweets before bedtime! Why not?
Everyone had a blast and I think they are looking forward to our next big celebration. Maybe a New Years party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment