Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Finding Peace

Currently I am at a loss for words at a situation that has come upon our family. Yesterday I spoke to my cousin in Arkansas. She told me that my uncle (my dad's brother) was dying. It hit me like a ton of bricks. My brain could not come to terms that we were not able to see a miracle happen in the body of my uncle. Years ago my uncle underwent a surgery that did not go well. To make a long story short he has been in a nursing home for the last decade. It breaks my heart that in all of these years we did not go see him and now I know that I will not see him on this earth. I told my dad what was happening and I know that my dad is hurting. Its his "Dear Sweet John" whom me loves dearly. In the past few years we have faced the loss of many loved ones but in this situation we are very saddened. My mom told me that years ago my uncle told her that he gave his life to Christ. You can imagine the happiness that filled me heart. We will all be seeing and praising The Lord in heaven, TOGETHER one day! 

Please pray for my cousin and his family that live in Arkansas. May God's peace fill their hearts during this tough time. 

Please pray for my uncle that he doesn't feel pain. May he be ready to rejoice with our Savior in heaven. 

Pray for my dad as he is coming to terms that this is the end for his brother on this earth. Also, for some tough situations with my dad's family. May God use my dad and our family to glorify HIM and hold back our tongue in regards to some hurtful things from the past. 

Thank you prayer warriors for all that you do! We can already feel the prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment