Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Burlap Patriotic Banner

When I get an idea in my head there is no way I can get it out. My grandma was very crafty and if she saw something she liked she would figure out a way to create it. I am exactly the same way and I also have Pinterest to thank. I came across a fun burlap banner and I thought to myself "I know that I can make that while my kiddo naps!" I raced over to my local Hobby Lobby in search of burlap, twine, and paint. The rest of the supplies I already had.
Cardstock triangle & trace on burlap

Cutting out triangles, not that bad (felt itchy afterwards)

Adding stripes to this triangle

Stars placed then red paint rolled on top

In less than an hour I had created all of these
The finished product! Placed the triangles on twine.
My hubby wanted the banner to stretch the length of the fence in our backyard. Next year it will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment