Saturday, January 25, 2014

Toddler room completion!

K's room is almost done! And by almost I mean 95% which can translate to practically done. I have enjoyed collecting items for his room. It all started with one beautiful Serena & Lily anchor quilt!!! I found it and fell in love with it. Then I purchased the map swag from Pottery Barn kids. I scoured everywhere to find the best nautical pictures to add to the room. Attended a craft fair and found the bible verse painted on wood. That's just the beginning and it has been quite the process. I will spare the long details and let the pictures speak for themselves!

The Serena & Lily quilt that started it all (retails for $280), nautical pillow from Ikea

The map swag from Pottery Barn Kids ($98), rope and cleats from West Marine

Love this! Good bye diaper changing station on top of this dresser. Home Goods & Hobby Lobby

Craft fair find and added the net from Hobby Lobby for a nice touch!

Wooden wheel, mirror port hole, wooden treasure box, rope lamp, and all that is left are the drapes!



His big boy room looks fantastic! I don't like cartoon characters as themes for a room and I am quite proud of myself for completing this. I hope to get the drapes up in the next couple of weeks, hoping that adds another nice touch. I also realized that I forgot to post a picture of his wall clock, all right next time. What are some of your favorite themes for bedrooms?

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I don't like cartoon characters as a theme either! I cringed when my son wanted a Superhero room. I incorporated it a bit as it is something he loves but I had to get creative:). I love that map from PB. It is perfect in that spot! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cringe when my son asks for a theme birthday party, I keep saying no. Poor guy, I can relate. Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. I love that map swag <3 and we have the same Ikea map pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The map swag added a great touch and the Ikea pillow my son found it and said "It is for my room!"

      Delete