Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Life of a 16 month old

With each passing month I always catch myself saying "I can't believe K is ..... months old!" He is quite a character. He has tons of personality and always keeps us on our toes!

Recently I would ask him to give me a kiss and he slowly leans in and gives me a kiss. It is so sweet and the first time it happened I cried! He runs very fast throughout the house and wants to climb. I am not going to teach him to climb on the couch so I am just waiting for him to figure it out. He is catching onto baby sign which is wonderful. He can sign "more", "hat", "cookie", and sometimes "all done". His communicating is improving and I love hearing his gibberish. He still is trying to get the concept that when he is upset he doesn't have to throw a tantrum.

For the last two weeks we have taken him to the library and be a part of their summer reading program. Once he reads 5 books then I write them down on his sheet and off we go so he can spin the wheel and earn a prize. So far he has received: TGI Fridays kids meal, Del taco kids meal, Shakys pizza, Chick fil a kids meal, Subway kids meal, and a meal at a local bagel shop. I am impressed that he loves books and has a huge smile on his face when we tell him that he gets to spin the wheel. I must capture a photo soon!

He is a big eater and still is stuck on his fancy taste in food. Chicken Shawarma is a regular diet in our home followed by bananas, strawberries, cream of wheat, yogurt, string cheese, and crackers. K kept asking for crackers yesterday so I asked him what kind he wanted, fish cracker or animal cracker. He made a fishy face with his lips and said cracker! It clearly meant he wanted fish cracker. That made me laugh. So if you ask him fish cracker he will make that face!

He is still a rooster! He is just a morning person and I need to simply be happy with that. He rarely sleeps in but still thankful he takes two naps a day. All of this boils down to me going to bed early and not staying up past 10pm and if I do I need to take a nap when he does. Our days are filled with teaching him new words, playing with toys, running, marching, and his all time favorite.... watching the movie Cars 2! Oh my that is his passion. Anything cars! Cars on the road, in the parking lots, McQueen at Target, a commercial of Mater & McQueen and you will hear squeals of joy!! We have a race car driver. Last week he saw a photo of Danica Patrick (race car driver) at Ralphs grocery store, he pointed to her for some reason and I told him "her name is Danica and she is a race car driver." He smiled and said "oh wow!" Life with K is amazing and he can be little hyper but I love him SO much!!!
At the Puerto Vallarta Airport next to mini frog (Senor Frog)
The excitement for the week, sitting in the car at Toys R Us
Did not purchase the car but did get him his new seat

No comments:

Post a Comment