Sunday, July 29, 2012

Every penny counts

I am all about saving and purchasing everything at discounted prices. The last time I purchased something at full price was a pair of shoes and that was over 4 months ago. People have seen the show Extreme Couponing, the reality is that it does not work like that in California. Grocery stores Ralph's and Vons would double coupons but have not done that in quite some time.

Recently my coupon endeavor has taken a turn in organization. I purchased a binder, dividers, and baseball card plastic sleeves. I enjoy organizing my coupons and every Sunday morning I bring out my binder and scissors and I am ready to cut! I won't bother you about coupons since many know how this work and I have written a blog about it before.

I am now going to talk about saving just a little bit more! So, you are off at Target and you have your coupons clipped and you think this is all I can save... Well, no! If you apply for the Target Red Card you save an additional 5% on your entire purchase! The money comes straight from your bank account. Genius! It was going to come from there anyways. Target also sends out a coupon book (quarterly I believe) and sometimes have Target only coupons in the Sunday circular. You use a Target coupon plus a manufacturer coupon for larger discounts. Watch out for deals such as buy two packs of diapers and get a $10 Target gift card. Plus, you can save an additional 5 cents for each re-usable bag that you use for your purchase. For example your purchased 4 bags worth of merchandise you will get 20 cents off. Every little bit counts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment