Sunday, October 14, 2012

Healthy style

Have you ever tried spaghetti squash? I have seen some of friends post about it on facebook and I have seen recipes on pinterest. Well I do not think I was fully prepared for this. I am not a professional when it comes to cooking, let alone using knives. I bought the Spaghetti Squash at Fresh and Easy for $1.99 (I thought this was a steal, but I have not priced around). I washed it thoroughly and attempted to cut it. Since I was having a hard time I figured I would use my pumpkin carving tools (I knew if I used them then I would not lose a finger in the process). After cutting it, I scraped out all of the seeds. In the cooking dish I added some water, drizzled some olive oil, sprinkled salt and pepper. I baked it at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. I scraped the squash and it did look like spaghetti which still amazes me. In the crock pot I had artichoke and spinach chicken cooking, everything was complete in two hours. Give it a try, you may like it.
Right out of the oven
Just a small portion of the squash, using this for leftovers tomorrow
Artichoke and spinach chicken served on a bed of spaghetti squash

No comments:

Post a Comment