Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Branching Out

It is not easy to take a leap when you are thankful for consistency. I enjoyed living in Riverside, I was active in the community and the church. When we moved to Murrieta 22 months ago I was not ready to leave "home." Riverside was my home for almost 25 years! I know the mayor, school board, chamber, the movers and the shakers. I enjoyed knowing people! So, when we moved it was difficult. I prayed and many others prayed along with me so that I could find peace. A peace that only God could give. I wanted to be a part of my new city but I felt like a lost child, looking for something familiar.

God spoke to me this past weekend and I acted upon it. He told me that it was time to find a home church here in my city. I wanted to break down and cry. I kept it together! Matt was off at work and I checked out some of the churches close by (via Internet). It is amazing everything that you can learn about on the World Wide Web but you just don't know until you interact with others, especially when you want to learn about a church and their members. I jotted down all of the questions I could think of. Ministries are important to us so that is what we want to get plugged into. I want to join a mommy group and I am signed up to attend this Thursday. What is even more impressive is that we have hired a sitter to be with Kaden for an hour while Matt gets home from work. Family is not very close by so a friends daughter is coming to watch him for an hour, a trial run. Will keep you posted as to how things go. Any great connecting groups?

No comments:

Post a Comment