Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Food Tour, yes you read that correctly!

I have been looking for a fun outing for my hubby and I to do. A few weeks ago I purchased a groupon for Flavors of Newport Beach. What better way to spend my Saturday than with my honey and be down at the beach. Our tour guide was super sweet and I highly recommend people to try this out. We started at Ruby's on the Balboa pier at 10am. I am new to food tours and I was not sure about seafood. I do not eat shellfish, well I mainly only eat salmon. This tour company was so friendly and accommodating and they went above and beyond to make sure I had a great time. We met some friendly people and I think we will sign up again!!! Our tour ended at 2pm on Balboa Island which gave us time to check out the cute shops. While on the tour we sampled some olive oil and vinegar at a beautiful shop on Balboa Island. I could not snap photos there so I will just mention that the tastings there were out of this world. Thank you Flavors of Newport Beach for a wonderful Saturday!!!

First stop:Ruby's, we had their delicious oatmeal

Second stop: Harborside Restaurant, Matt ate the ahi nachos

At Harborside I had this yummy chicken lettuce wrap

We headed across to Balboa island. Third stop: The Village Inn

We tried some wine and IPA. (not pictured the delicious clam chowder shooter and grilled veggies)

Fourth stop: Amelia's (cute Italian place on Balboa Island)

I had the bruschetta, it was beyond tasty!

Calamri and pasta family style

Fifth stop: Dad's Original Balboa Bar (on Balboa Island)

This was the best treat ever!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment