Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Blueberries for Kaden

A few days ago I read the book to my son Blueberries for Sal. Kaden was eager to go blueberry picking and I am always up for trying something new with a toddler. The weather has been beautiful in southern California so off we went to Temecula Berry Company in the city of Temecula. I also had the opportunity to try out my new DSLR camera (thanks sweetie for this awesome camera). Deep in Temecula you can find this family owned business. We arrived at 9am and it was starting to warm up. We were in good spirits until my son got wood chips in his sandals (thank goodness for shoes and socks in the car), had a meltdown because there were a few flies, and he was tired of picking blueberries. So, for the remaining half hour I went up and down the rows of berries looking for some big juicy blueberries. One pint costs $5, not totally cheap but it is the experience and they are super sweet! I was able to win my son over by letting him take a picture with the red tractor.
Front entrance

Pick your bucket. "You pick you buy"

Welcome! Pick only the blueberries that are blue

Picking

Found a good one

"I found even better ones down below"

"Look momma I can pick more"


Farmer K

Love the look of this building 

He picked about 30 blueberries on his own without any help

Cue the tantrum: "there are flies!!"

Yes he will still upset about the flies

Beautiful 

So many blueberries 

No trip is complete without a picture with a tractor tire

Red Tractor 

No comments:

Post a Comment