Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Summer activities for families



I cannot believe how fast the month of May went. I love having my calendar full and this June is not any different. Graduations, birthdays, weddings, baby shower, and the list continues. This leaves us with little down time and even less time for a fun family outing. I enjoy being with extended family but there are times that you just want to be with your little family or just be with your hubby. Here are some great ideas for this summer:


*Plan day trips. I am blessed to live about one hour from the beach, one hour from the desert, one hour from an international airport, and the list continues. There are tons of day trips families can take. One of my favorites is Crystal Cove beach! Don't forget to eat at the Beachcomber. Go to a city that you have never been to. Children love new experiences! They do not have to cost a ton so begin thinking of how you can go inexpensive.

*Go to free events. Temecula has some fun concerts in the park on Thursday evenings. Check out your city activities book for Car Shows, concerts, fairs, music at the wineries, etc....

*Get outside! Find new hiking trails, lace up your shoes and start walking. There are many trails throughout Inland Empire and across the U.S.

*Go camping. I have not been camping since I was a teenager and well that was a long time ago. I found some great camping sites near the beach that I hope to check out in the next few weeks. I totally think that my three year old will love the great outdoors and I will love waking up to the sound of the crashing waves.

*Amusement parks. This is a tough one because many parks have raised their prices right before schools have ended. Look for discounts: your employer/company, colleges, or even some fast food restaurants give out discounts for local theme parks.

Have fun! What are are some of your summer activities?? 




2 comments:

  1. We LOVE going to library story times and participating in the reading programs :) On top of that- we have a list of park in our area with water features and we are going to visit each of them this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarissa we have loved going to the library and participating in the reading program. K has received some great rewards. We have yet to go to a park with a water feature. I feel like the summer will end so soon.

      Delete