Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the New Year! Happy 2012

As I look back at 2011 it is bittersweet! We had some up and downs but our joy is our precious baby boy Kaden. He arrived 4 weeks early which took us by surprise but he was healthy and strong and ready to join us. March 8th will always hold a special place in my heart, God blessed us with a beautiful boy! We learned to adapt to our growing boy, and loving each and everyday. He is our pride and joy which is a direct reflection of who he is. His loving character, funny little laugh, and a contagious smile are just a few characteristics that I love about Kaden. He is growing leaps and bounds and he has taught me how to just take things slow and soak everything in. I am a fanatic about photos and it is not a shock that I have not begun his scrapbook. So, for 2012 I will work on Kaden's scrapbook!

I can write out a long list of things that I want to accomplish in 2012 but here are two main goals:
1. Daily quiet time with God. Solid & peaceful time to soak in what God wants for me & my family. I love to pray but I need to be more meaningful with reading His word. The bible in one year is what I would love to do! So far Matt & I have begun reading a daily devotional together. We usually read out of our bibles separately but we have realized that our marriage grows when we do a devotional as a team.
2. Eating healthier! A local farm puts together a crate of seasonal fruits & veggies and delivers them to your doorstep weekly or bi weekly. I have been growing tomatoes, chilies, red bell peppers, cilantro, and basil (watermelon died early December). In strongly think that we can benefit from this! By establishing healthy eating habits Kaden will grow up knowing only foods that are healthy. This is a step in the right direction!!!

In 2011 I turned the big 3-0! Shocking, I know!! I refuse to believe it so I still say that I am 25 and nobody ever questions. Actually, there has been no need to tell anyone my age recently, so when I'm asked in the near future I will simply say I am 25 :) Looking forward to what God has in store for us in 2012. Kaden will be turning one, which means I must come up his birthday party, NOW!!!! Can't wait to post pictures of ideas that I have for this fun filled day. Have a blessed 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment