Friday, December 23, 2011

It is all about Christ!

In the hustle and bustle in these past few weeks I had some much needed R&R. I have come to seeing CHRISTmas in a whole new way. It's not about finding the perfect gift for family or creating a lavish gathering. I do love giving gifts but this year we did a little bit more. Friends of ours experienced a tragedy in their home. We gave them our old couch, new rug, & some clothing for their new baby boy. It felt wonderful to give to others in this capacity. We may not give gifts to all of our friends but every little bit counts. Another friend is experiencing a rough time this holiday season so I helped her by wrapping presents for her family. She was inspired to get her Christmas cards sent out too! It gave me such great joy that I helped her out too. We enjoyed each others company for a few hours. We laughed & had lunch, I call that "fun times." I think Christ is happy that we are blessing others, we are beyond blessed so in turn I too wanted to bless others.

Our adorable Kaden is getting so big and we want to teach him that CHRISTmas is not what the world portrays and that gathering with family and friends is one of the most important things during this season. I love seeing Kaden's facial expressions when I tell him about baby Jesus in the manger. This year is going to be extra special! We are a family of three now so Christmas morning we will gather around the tree open our gifts and check our stockings. But, first we will read all about our Savior, who came to this earth to be our perfect gift!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment