Thursday, December 19, 2013

There are two weeks till Christmas?

Unfortunately there are only 5 shopping days till Christmas and if you are shopping online you better hurry! Here are a few things that I have been contemplating today!

1. Christmas arrived too soon (you are probably wondering what I mean). Thanksgiving was so late in November that it was Decemeber two days after Thanksgiving. As soon as it's December 1st I feel like I'm scrambling!

2. The Advent calendar was a great idea but my child only wants to eat the candy. Not a good idea. Next year I will think of something better. 

3. My decorations are not completely done. My manger is not up and I cannot find all the pieces to Kaden's fisher price nativity. Boo :( 

4. I still have wrapping to do! Sigh.... Even though I begin my Christmas shopping in the summer I don't have all the gifts wrapped. 

5. I was hoping to write a blog about tips for the Christmas season but I guess I need to buckle down and think through this.

6. Elf on the Shelf was a hit for the first 6 days but then my son figured out that the Elf was not going to tell Santa anything. So there goes that idea! Good behavior meant nothing. Maybe next year it will work. (Insert wishful thinking here!!!)

7. My home is still a mess! Literally! But I have learned to just let it be and enjoy watching Charlie Brown Christmas but most important is reading what Christmas is all about. It's about Jesus and that is what matters the most. 

8. My Christmas cards did not go out on December 1st and not even on December 15th BLAH! So if my Christmas card has not arrived at your home then one of two things happened- it's lost in the mail or it is in a snail mail transit. 

There you have it! My life has not been glamorous the past few weeks but I did manage to go on a getaway with my hubby. Post coming up soon! Please tell me that I am not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment