Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Not your traditional Christmas Eve

As we finished the final touches on our Christmas gifts this afternoon I could not help but cry a little. Today is Christmas Eve and it is our first time without my hubby. With his night schedule he has to work tonight and tomorrow night. Our Christmas is not the same. Oh the joys of working in the medical field. There are no days off! Thinking of the many wives and children that won't have their dad home because of work, deployment, illness, or even death. Yes I was sad and yes it may sound pathetic but I so wanted my hubby home. I wanted to wake up with him next to me, then get up together to see the joy of Christmas from our precious son. I will be setting out cookies for Santa with my little guy and it will be just the two of us. I will read the story of Jesus birth and tuck him in on my own. Yes I am crying even more now! 

I decided to take my son out to dinner. As I said good bye to my hubby so many different feelings were running through me. Thankful for his job, for him, for everything that he does for us but I was still upset. I wanted him home!!!! He left for work and Kaden was set to have dinner with me at Macaroni Grill. Kaden and I ordered our usual salad, chicken and pasta. Nothing huge and I was feeling a little content. The server came by and told me to pick out a dessert because someone was buying our dinner and dessert!!! I was shocked and of course I cried!!! Little did that person or family know what I was going through. No I was not struggling financially but emotionally I was a mess. Then I remembered the Reason for this Season! Jesus Christ who gave everything! A simple act of kindness like this was an eye opener that kindness is still out there and the love of Christ is shared through acts like this. Giving is better than receiving! Have a wonderful Christmas. It may not be exactly be the way you think it should be but reflecting the true reason is more than enough. HE is more than enough!! Merry Christmas to all

No comments:

Post a Comment