Sunday, September 9, 2012

Soup in summer

I am one to eat soup at any season but today I was determined to eat my vegetables. With the help of my Weight Watchers cookbook I found some delicious recipes and I will post my version. I can't remember the last time I followed a recipe fully. I wandered through the grocery store with my active and vocal 18 month old boy and my hubby. I bought $43 worth of groceries and I hope that it will make quite a few meals. I was determined to make two meals in one evening. The first was egg quiche (minus pastry) and the Chinese soup.

The soup has chicken broth, thin carrots, baby bok choy, mushrooms, scallions, spinach, and a protein (recipe called for thin slices of pork), I did not cook a protein fast enough so I improvised and added oven roasted turkey. It was tasty and full of vitamins. It was only 7 points!! For those that don't know weight watchers everything is on a point system. My goal is to be 15 pounds thinner by Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment