Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas is the Season

2012 holds a different Christmas for my family. This year my grandma passed away. She was a key person in our family and since Grandpa passed away over 5 years ago it was a tough holiday season then and it is very tough this year. My mom's family tries to get together around the holidays and it is usually for New Years. This year I am hosting my mom's family for a Christmas celebration. We love having people in our home. At first I was a little apprehensive because having a gathering more than 20 people worries me. God knows that this gathering will be a great time to enjoy each other. It will not be a sit down dinner which helps me. Each family will bring something which helps me greatly.

We will be having a FIESTA! In Mexico there is a week long party- for one week each night there is a "posada". I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Mary and Joseph making the trek to Bethlehem. I am going to share the Christmas story that day and serve plenty words of encouragement from God's word. Looking forward to our fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment