Friday, December 21, 2012

Date night

Been out lately? I cannot stress enough the importance of weekly date nights! Since having Kaden date nights are a MUST. Tonight my hubby and I went out and saw a movie. K stayed with a babysitter that adores him and he enjoys playing with her. It is the holiday season and I probably have more than 10 things to do on my list but we put everything aside and had a fun evening just the two of us. Here are some date night ideas:
*Go to see a movie, concert, theatre, musical, or even orchestra performance.
*Go out to dinner, appetizers, dessert or simply coffee.
*Take a stroll through the park and chat. It is wonderful to have an adult conversation without interruptions.
*Get errands done- I know this sounds crazy but two people accomplishing the dry cleaning run, grocery shopping, meal planning, and the joyful trip to Costco, is easier when both go. It really is not a date but finish off the list with your favorite scoop of ice cream and I am sold! Give me rocky road ice cream and I will tackle the to do list.

Married couples with or without children I highly recommend date nights to keep you sane. As a couple having some time alone is essential to a marriage and now I totally understand why. God orchestrates marriage and it is our part to keep it healthy and strong. So when was your last date? Plan your next one! You will be thrilled at how much fun you will have and you will feel a little bit refreshed (away from the kiddie/kiddos will be refreshing).

No comments:

Post a Comment