Thursday, November 15, 2012

Prep for Thanksgiving

This year I am not hosting Thanksgiving because my hubby has to work :( I am still bummed about it but slowly have to come to terms with it.

Anyways I enjoy writing out to do lists and the menu all for Thanksgiving dinner. My mom is making the turkey and her delicious mashed potatoes. That leaves me with salad, rolls, green beans, corn, and dessert. Since my dad was diagnosed with diabetes last month I have begun to search for a sugar free dessert that all of us will enjoy. Any great recipes?

I recently came across some new recipes for side dishes which are prefect for Thanksgiving. We love everything traditional which I truly enjoy. So here they are: stuffing (we usually don't eat stuffing but this year i want to make some), glazed carrots (they looked delicious on television), and green bean casserole (a must have at every table). This year Kaden will be enjoying a turkey dinner. I'm excited to see him eat. Last year he had yams (maybe I will make it again and top the yams off with the tutti frutti marshmallows). I will post pics of all of my creations. I am going to cook everything at my home then head over to my parents.

As you begin to write out your list for dinner and all of the cleaning you need to do, please do not forget the meaning. This is a time we can share all that we are thankful for and also share the blessings with others. Invite others to your home and you will have a very blessed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment