Thursday, August 9, 2012

Shake & Bake

It has been an interesting week so far in the Inland Empire. We have had a few earthquakes and scorching heat. I realized that the lowest temp (2am) is still a warm 73 degrees. We have not turned off our air conditioner. When we leave to run errands and such I make sure the thermostat is set at 78 degrees and once we are back I switch it to 74 degrees. We try to conserve energy so we do not watch very much television, limit washer and dryer, run the dishwasher early in the morning and let in as much natural light for brightness but not allow heat. I will take dry heat any day! I could not handle 96 degree weather with 90% humidity! I was roasting and vowed never to go to Florida in the summer. We are trying to keep cool so we go walking in the mall, see a movie (yes with Kaden, he does very well), have lunch or dinner out as a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment