Monday, August 20, 2012

One dinner two ways!

I am all about meals semi homemade. It saves time and sometimes saves money. I like checking out Fresh & Easy (grocery store) for bargains and I think their motto is semi homemade too. Last week I bought their Pollo Asado in the refrigerated section and southwest salsa. I put the chicken into the freezer and thawed it out this morning. I grilled the chicken and heated up flour tortillas (didn't have corn...oops). Thirty minutes later I had a meal. I had a salad mix, placed the chicken on top, sprinkled a little cheese, salsa, and tortilla strips. My hubby had chicken tacos, he used all the same ingredients minus the salad mix and added bell peppers. Easy summer dinner and it cost less than $10 total, plus we have leftovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment