Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Caring for others

I love hearing stories about people caring for others. Today at K's swim lesson there was an older woman with a 14 month old little girl. The little girl was petite with stunning blue eyes. I didn't want to ask if she was a grand baby or if she was the nanny (many people have nannies in our neck of the woods). I complimented on the little ones water "skills." The woman thanked me and said that the little girl was her foster baby. I wanted to cry! Here is an older woman and she is caring for this toddler in such a loving manner. Once again I did not want to ask about the situation but the woman shared and I was happy she did. The conversation re-kindled the fire for us to someday do that for another child. Take a baby into our home and love them unconditionally. Christ's love for all people and I want to express that too. Please join me in prayer as a family we begin to strongly think of the various options available to us. We are called to love and care for the widows and the father less.

No comments:

Post a Comment