Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Library Fail

Today I was eager to take Kaden to the first session of story time. This is where I went wrong! For some odd reason this was the last day of story time till the summer reading program begins. So we hustled to get there before the session began. The huge difference with the first session is that it is nestled in the children's section of the library among books. The librarian decided to allow many more people to be a part of story time than usual. Kaden was excited to see other children and wanted to venture off. He is our little explorer! We lasted all of 7 minutes I think. He did not want to sit still or be near me. It was beyond crowded and really no elbow room. I should of just removed K from the first session and waited for the second session that is held in a conference room. K screamed so I left mortified. We will try this again in June and see how it goes. At this point we have some areas to work on: sitting still, being quiet, listening to mom, dad and others, keeping hands to self. It is quite a list! Updates to follow. Picture below is what K wanted to do, play on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment