Friday, January 17, 2014

Breaking free!

It has been a very successful 3 and a half weeks for my son. Potty training has been such a smooth transition. I had so many apprehensions when I need to run errands. It felt like I was reliving life with a newborn. I remember when my hubby went back to work and I was by myself with a 5 week old baby. Going to the grocery store or finally going to the mall was a new concept for me. I was petrified of having to nurse in public (even with a cover) and then I did not want a diaper blow out. Oh those were the days!

 Now fast forward more than two years and I am scared of my son having an accident in the middle of the grocery store or worse at the mall. I have no fears because he is doing such a great job. I make sure he goes to the bathroom before we leave the house and I offer little liquids while we are out. (Public bathrooms worry me!!!) He is a pro! When your child is ready you will know, the transition out of diapers goes smoothly when your child is ready. We have gone cold turkey but we all knew it was time! 

Also my son is a reader and no bathroom visit cannot be complete without some good reading material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment