Monday, August 26, 2013

When vacations take on a whole new meaning

These past four days have been bittersweet. Not sure how to exactly sum up our current vacations. There are tons of pictures to share but the stories and behaviors of two year olds are probably ones to omit. We are blessed to have wonderful friends that we could head down to beautiful Coronado Island. If you have never been this is a MUST! We went to the zoo, beach, pool, Sea World, and simply stayed busy. Don't let the photos deceive you- there were melt downs, lack of sleep/naps, big tantrums, screaming, picky eating, and laughter in the midst of everything. Not sure I can take another trip like this. It was packed with lots of fun things to see and do because it accounted for very little down time. I would like Kaden to be well behaved before we venture out with the world that we live in. I currently cannot take another tantrum at a restaurant or any place in public. You truly need a vacation from your vacation. Don't get me wrong we had a blast sailing, seeing animals, running on the beach, soaking in the sun and capturing memories. Our friends understand us because they have twin boys (soon to be 3 years old). The boys loved running around together and just "being boys!" I truly hope behaviors turn into model gentlemen and everywhere we go everything will go smoothly (I know this is wishful thinking and one can only pray). In the next blogs I will post pictures! We ate a TON!!! I told everyone that we were on the negative calorie diet while on vacation. I don't want to scare anyone about traveling with a toddler because every toddler is different, ours seems to me a "special case." We are home now and we have other issues to tackle~ air conditioner needs to be fixed....grrr! 

2 comments:

  1. I can barely get mine to the park without facing those same things! Vacations with n (almost) 18 month old and 7 month old are WAY to much to even think about! Glad you had fun, but it's definitely time to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarrissa I recently read an article that stated that vacations with toddlers are not vacations they are trips. I think the word vacation incorporates relaxation and currently there is no relaxation...yet!

    ReplyDelete