Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tough yet rewarding

Sounds like you cannot put tough and rewarding in the same sentence but I sure can. Almost two weeks ago I ventured on a girls getaway to Vegas and I had the opportunity to be kiddo free for four days. It was awesome but I missed my loves. With every trip I always have a difficult time bouncing back to normal routine and this trip proved to be no different.

K has been pushing the limits and voicing his opinions. This week he has told hundreds of times "no like....!" I never would have thought my child would say "no like chicken, no like taco, no like ham, no like turkey, no like cheese...." These are just a few!!!! I am blessed to have this precious little boy and I currently feel defeated. How can I press on? My fear is that his pediatrician will ask why K is so skinny. I am quite certain he has not gained 10 pounds since his first birthday. So the dilemma is eating and obeying. Easy right?! NOPE. Insert sad faces here! He is a very active two year old that has a passion for the outdoors, football, water, soccer, cars, and books. My goal as a parent is to simply strive to do my best and not stress out. Easier said than done. I am sure I will reap rewards later and I cannot help but want to catch a glimpse of the future. Yes he will eat and yes he will obey. When? Not sure, but we are not guaranteed easy so I can rest on The Lord to give me strength for each movement. Yes, I am living moment by moment because month to month seems so much harder in my eyes. These are the confessions of a true stay at home momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment