Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Delicously Impossible?

We are blessed to have Thanksgiving in our new home. This time last year we were in the process of closing escrow and doing some much needed painting in the inside... good bye sunny yellow walls and good bye cherry red kitchen! Since I can get a bit carried away with certain creative projects I will try to make this year's holiday season basic and simple (to a certain degree). I have poured over several dozen cookbooks, blogs, websites, and finally I have found my "project" for Thanksgiving. It will be an award winning pie!
I am not sure if I can pull this one off since I have never tried to make homemade pie. Williams Sonoma had this on their website along with the recipe. I have enjoyed making their recipes which have included my butternut squash soup (still debating if I should include this soup in our Thanksgiving dinner). This pie might just be impossible for me, but I will try my best to use my baking abilities and make a semi-homemade pie. Sandra Lee sure does know how to make semi-homemade dishes. I am a chocoholic so maybe for an alternative to pumpkin pie I will serve this beauty....
Chocolate silk pie!! My mouth waters just thinking about it. I might just make this one this week as a trial run and see if I like it. Sorry dad this year we might not have the traditional apple pie with french vanilla ice cream. This year calls for something new, addicting, super sweet, and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment