Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Paint Barrel

A friend and I had a fun night out a few weeks ago. I enjoy finding local fun things to do and finding something inexpensive is even better! We choose to meet up on a Friday night at The Paint Barrel. Everyone arrived semi on time and we were all eager to paint a sunset vineyard (everyone paints the same thing). All items are included (canvas, brushes, and paint) and if you would like to sip on a glass of vino while painting then you can do so at a low price. My friend Raquel was a little nervous and I was mega nervous. I had to share with her the flashbacks that I was having. I attended a private school for Junior High and for my art class we all had to paint Starry Night by Vincent VanGogh. I still remember that C- that I received on that painting. I think I should have at least got a B for effort. As I sat in front of the instructor at the Paint Barrel I was thinking of my parents proudly displaying my rendition of Starry Night so I could totally create this Sunset Vineyard (and I will proudly display it). Now that I have seriously bored everyone with my pathetic 8th sob story, let the pictures do the talking!

Plenty of space to accommodate many people (a Bachelorette took place here)

The instructor's area

All smiles before we even started, soon it turned into slight smile

Ready to get our paint on

Loved how my sunset turned out and the hills were beautiful (yes I did this on my own)

The final product!

I am looking forward to going back again! There are so many fun paintings but the one I really want to create is a sailboat sunset. Maybe I should find an easier painting class.....

No comments:

Post a Comment